Here are a few common issues you might run into when using the HUD. If you have any questions feel free to shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
HUD boxes aren’t showing up
If you can’t see HUD boxes at all while you’re playing, there are several things you may want to check:
- Have you set up the Pokeit Client to sync your hand histories? Your hand history directories need to be synced with Pokeit in order for the Pokeit HUD to operate. If hands are not importing into your database while you are playing check out this article for instructions on how to set things up correctly. Running HM2 or PT4 at the same time as Pokeit can also interfere with the HUD. Here are some configuration changes you can make to fix that
- Is the site you’re playing on supported? The Pokeit HUD doesn’t work with GG Poker, Ignition or Microgaming (among others). These sites don’t save hand histories to your computer in real time so we’re unable to use the HUD with them
- Are you on Mac? If so, you'll want to double check that the Pokeit Client has permission to record your screen. To do this, open Security & Privacy, navigate to Privacy, and scroll down to 'Screen Recording'. Click the lock in the bottom left of the dialog to login. Next, check the box next to the Pokeit Client icon to enable.
- Are you running any screen recording software, e.g. Camtasia? Some screen recording software can interfere with the HUD. If you’re not seeing HUD boxes, try turning off screen recording to see if it starts working
- Zoom and other fast fold tables aren’t supported. Support for these tables is not supported by Pokeit.
- It may be a new game or layout we haven’t seen yet. If you’re seeing the HUD on some tables but not others, the problem is likely due to a new table layout that we haven’t seen yet. Look out for an email from us with further instructions
If you’re still unable to get the HUDs to show up, send an email to email@example.com and we’ll help sort it out.
HUD boxes appear behind the table
If you’re on Windows, try running Pokeit “As Administrator”. Pokeit HUD needs permission to attach itself to the poker table and if your user profile doesn’t have that permission, it can cause problems.
To run Pokeit "As Administrator", first exit the application by selecting "Quit" from the Pokeit icon in your taskbar. Next, right-click on the Pokeit Client shortcut on your desktop and select "Run as Administrator."
You can also set the Pokeit Client shortcut on your desktop to always "Run as Administrator" by right-clicking and selecting "Properties". The Properties window will open. Next select the "Shortcut" tab, click "Advanced", check the box that says "Run as administrator" then click "OK".
Another option if you're on Windows, is to enable "Compatibility Mode" in Settings. In Compatibility Mode, HUDs will appear only on the table you have in focus and will disappear when you're interacting with other windows.
If you're still seeing HUD boxes behind the table, or if you're on a Mac and experience this problem, something may have become corrupted with your installation. Try uninstalling the Pokeit Client and reinstalling from a fresh download.
HUD boxes disappear when I focus on another window
This is normal behavior on OSX. If you're seeing it on Windows, contact support.
Dragging HUD boxes doesn’t work
Make sure you're dragging from the "handle" on the right side of the HUD box.
Dragging the Pokeit Table Menu doesn’t work
The handle for the Pokeit table menu can be found in the bottom right hand corner of the icon.