Here are a few common issues you might run into when using the HUD. If you have any questions feel free to shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
HUD boxes aren’t showing up
If you can’t see HUD boxes at all while you’re playing, there are several things you may want to check:
- Have you set up the Pokeit client to sync your hand histories? Your hand history directories need to be synced with Pokeit in order for the Pokeit HUD to operate. If hands are not importing into your database while you are playing check out this article for instructions on how to set things up correctly. Running HM2 or PT4 at the same time as Pokeit can also interfere with the HUD. Here are some configuration changes you can make to fix that
- Is the site you’re playing on supported? The Pokeit HUD doesn’t work with Ignition or Microgaming. These sites don’t save hand histories to your computer in real time so we’re unable to use the HUD with them
- Are you running any screen recording software, e.g. Camtasia? Some screen recording software can interfere with the HUD. If you’re not seeing HUD boxes, try turning off screen recording to see if it starts working
- Zoom and other fast fold tables aren’t supported. Support for fast fold tables is in the works but not available at this time
- It may be a new game or layout we haven’t seen yet. If you’re seeing the HUD on some tables but not others, the problem is likely due to a new table layout that we haven’t seen yet. Look out for an email from us with further instructions
If you’re still unable to get the HUDs to show up, send an email to email@example.com and we’ll help sort it out.
HUD boxes appear behind the table
If you’re on Windows, try running Pokeit “As Administrator”. Pokeit HUD needs permission to attach itself to the poker table and if your user profile doesn’t have that permission, it can cause problems.
If you’re unable to run Pokeit HUD “As Administrator” or if you’re still seeing the HUDs behind the table, there’s another option you can try on Windows. Open the Pokeit HUD menu and select “Settings” and enable “Compatibility Mode”. The HUD will restart and the HUD boxes should appear in front of the table.
HUD boxes disappear when I focus on another window
This is normal behavior on OSX and on Windows if you’re running Pokeit HUD in “Compatibility Mode”
Dragging HUD boxes doesn’t work
If dragging isn’t working for you, right click on a HUD box and select “Move Mode”. You can then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the HUD box. Right click and select “Leave Move Mode” when you’re done.
HUD is lagging
If the HUD is lagging and slow to update, try putting the HUD into “Compatibility Mode”. This mode changes how the HUD follows the tables and only allows for one table’s HUDs to be shown at one time. To enable this mode on Windows, open the Pokeit HUD menu and select “Settings” and enable “Compatibility Mode”. The HUD will then restart automatically in this new mode.