Pokeit works by reading the hand histories the Merge Network client saves on your computer and uploading them into your account via the Pokeit client. Here are the steps for configuring Merge Network client so that it can work with Pokeit:
Follow these steps to ensure the Merge Network client is saving hand history files to your computer:
- From the Merge Network lobby, click on Settings > Hand History Settings
- Check 'Enable Hand History'
- Click OK to save the settings
The default location where hand histories are saved is:
/Users/<Username>/Library/<Site Name>/history/<Screen Name>
<Username> is your current computer user,
<Site Name> is the name of the Merge skin you're playing on, and
<Screen Name> is your screen name on the site.
The Merge Network client must be set up to save Hand Histories in English in order for Pokeit to work. From the Merge Network lobby, choose the 'Language' menu option and select English.
You can set a preferred seat in the Merge Network client so that you'll always appear in the same location at the table. Here are the steps for setting that up:
- From the Merge client select Settings > Preferred Seating Settings
- Check 'Enable Preferred Seating'
- Select the table layout from the drop-down menu and then click on your preferred seat on the table
- Click Ok
If you decide to set a preferred seat, you'll need to set that same seat as a 'favorite' while using the HUD. To do so, simply right click on the HUD closest to your position at the table and select 'Set as Favorite Seat'.