Pokeit works by reading the hand histories Ignition saves on your computer and uploading them into your account via the Pokeit client. Here are the steps for configuring Ignition so that it can work with Pokeit:
Unlike other poker sites, Ignition does not save hand histories in real time while you play. Hands are made available for download through the Ignition client within 24-hours. To download Ignition hand histories through the client:
- Click Account > Hand History, then select Game transactions
- Hands are divided into four different 'Game Types': Zone Poker, Ring Games, Sit&Go Tournaments, Scheduled Tournaments
- Use the dropdown to choose a timeframe for what hands you want to see. The timeframe goes out to 31 days, but only hands played in the past 7 days will be available for download
- Select 'Download all' to save your hand histories to your computer. Individual hand history logs can be downloaded as well
Your hand histories will save to the following locations:
C:\Ignition\Hand History\<user id>
/Applications/IgnitionCasino.app/Contents/MacOS/Hand History/<user id>
If it's your first time downloading hand histories, Ignition will need to create the Hand History folder before starting the download.
Depending on your Mac OSX system configuration, it may not be possible for Pokeit to sync hand histories saved within the IgnitionCasino.app. If you've added the above path to Pokeit and no hands are being added to your Pokeit database, then you'll need to follow these steps:
- Create a new folder outside of the IgnitionCasino.app. It can be anywhere. Then add that folder to Pokeit
- Every time you download hands through Ignition, you'll need to copy and paste these hands into your new folder. Make sure to wait until the download is complete before proceeding
- To do this, navigate in Finder to the location of the IgnitionCasino.app, right click and select 'Show package contents', and then find the folder
../Contents/MacOS/Hand History/<user id>
- Copy and paste the contents of the Hand History folder into the folder you created outside of the IgnitionCasino.app. The hands will then automatically upload to Pokeit
Ignition writes tournament results in the hand history files themselves so no extra tournament summary files are necessary.
The Ignition client must be installed with the language set to English. If the language was set to something other than English at installation, you will need to reinstall the client in English in order for it to work with Pokeit.
You can set a preferred seat in the Ignition client so that you'll always appear in the same location at the table. Here are the steps for setting that up:
- Click on Settings
- Navigate to Game Play Settings > Seating
- Un-check 'Do not use preferred seating option'
- There are three table layouts to select from; 9, 6, and 2 max. Choose your preferred seat for each. Your changes will be saved automatically
If you do set a preferred seat, you'll need to set that same seat as a 'favorite' while using the HUD. To do so, simply right click on the HUD closest to your position at the table and select 'Set as Favorite Seat'.